St. Andrews Episcopal Church and School
A Masterplan and Feasibility Study for a new Montessori School for children between the ages of infant to 5 years and new Parish facilities including a parish hall with an associated kitchen, meeting rooms, and program offices is a joint venture between Church and School leadership. The St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church and St. Andrew’s Episcopal School campus is located at 1819 Heights Boulevard. The original building, sanctuary and parish house, was designed by Hiram A. Salisbury and constructed between July and December of 1947.
The primary goal of the project is the construction of a new 2-story brick veneer structure attached directly to the existing Sanctuary to replace the existing parish house. The guiding design principle for the project is based upon the Montessori approach to provide a domestic environment for the children attending the school and for the teachers who are shepherding the children during their time at the school. To this end, the finishes of the building are meant to be more domestic in character and complementary to the character of the existing sanctuary building.