Trinity Episcopal Church was founded in 1893. In 1917, the parish began construction of the sanctuary building, designed by Cram & Ferguson. The construction was completed in 1921. Subsequent building projects created a Fellowship Hall, Parish House and East Wing Addition, the Morrow Chapel, and the Fondren Wing Addition. The church was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.
In the fall of 2001, Hill Swift Architects lead a multi-disciplinary team of Architects, Engineers, Contractors, and Church members in a process to assess the critical space needs of the parish, the building condition, and budget parameters. The goal for the 2002 Project Definition Phase was to determine the most appropriate way, from a stewardship perspective, to utilize the capital funds raised by the Trinity Church Community. The Building Committee developed three principals to assist it in prioritizing the facility needs of the community:
- Repair and improve the outward appearance of the Church
- Provide adequate parking
- Provide comfortable classroom and meeting space for parishioners.
The broad planning goals translated into a first phase construction project consisting of the exterior restoration and exterior lighting of the historic sanctuary building, the renovation of the Parish House, East Wind Addition, and Parish Hall kitchen, and a renovation of the church parking lot and gardens.
The ensuing project was awarded a Good Brick Award by the Greater Houston Preservation Alliance in 2003 and a Merit Award for Historic Renovation by Houston Chapter of the American Institute of Architects in 2004.